1 Day Tour – R1850 per person
As the largest ethnic group in South Africa, the Zulu people played a major role in shaping South Africa into the country it is today. The Zulu have a rich cultural background with ingrained traditions as relevant today as they were hundred’s of years ago! The cultural village of Shakaland was built as a film set for the blockbuster serial “Shaka Zulu” and has since been used as a cultural village to give visitors an insight into one of the most endearing people of Southern Africa.
Shakaland Cultural Tour Highlights
- Get an in depth look into the Zulu cultural heritage with an authentic Zulu village.
- Enjoy the grace and frenetic energy of the Zulu dancers and singers.
- Enjoy some time watching skilled artisans create assagay’s (spears), shields, potwork and Zulu hut building.
- Get introduced to Zulu beer making techniques and enjoy a beer tasting.
- Visit with a Sangoma (Zulu shaman/witch-doctor and healer) and gain an insight into the Zulu spiritual world!
“Country and Coastal Touring did a great job on our short time in Durban. The guide gave us so much great and interesting history on the Zulu people, even more than Shakaland. And so funny as well. The guide was excellent and all the arrangements were easy as well.” – TonyD
- Pick and drop off from your accommodation in the Durban area.
- Qualified and passionate private guide.
- Entry fees included.
- Amazing buffet lunch
- A visit the KwaDukuza – the site at which King Shaka of the Zulu people ruled.
- Tips and curios.
- Alcohol beverages.
How to Book a Shakaland Tour
- Call our office line: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Call our office mobile: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use the convenient contact form below