1 Day Tour – R1850 per person
The Sani Pass is the only road (pass) linking KwaZulu-Natal to the mountain kingdom of Lesotho. A one-time mule trail for traders, the road has become well known in South Africa for it’s scenery and the fact that you need a 4×4 vehicle to travel to the top. The Sani Pass Tour has you loaded into 4 x 4 vehicles and driven to the top of the pass where your driver and guide will entertain you with stories from the past. Once in Lesotho, guests will get a short tour around a Lesotho Village and meet some Basutho people. Lunch is at the famed Sani Top Chalet, the highest pub in Africa!
Highlights of the Sani Pass Tour
- An exciting 4×4 drive up to the “Roof of Africa”.
- Lunch at “Sani Top Chalet“, the highest pub in Africa (at 2873m).
- Visit a remote BaSotho village in the highlands of Lesotho.
- Please note that passports are required!
“A wonderful day with Country and Coastal Touring. Th long trip was made entertaining by our guide’s knowledge of the Zulu people and the countryside, he knew lots and was really funny.” – BarryC
- Transfer from Durban to Underberg and back.
- Trip up Sani Pass into Lesotho in 4×4 Vehicle.
- BaSotho village tour.
What’s Not Included?
- Cost of visa not included (please visit E-Visa to check requirements).
- Lunch is for clients account.
- Tips and curios.
- We will pick you up at 6am for the drive to the town of Underberg about 2,5 hours west of Durban.
- You guide will chat to you about the history of the Zulu people, Durban and other interesting topics.
- On arrival you will transfer into 4×4 vehicles (this is not a private tour).
- Once in Lesotho you will visit a Basotho village before lunch at Africa’s highest pub.
- Return to Underberg at 4pm
- Return to Durban at approximately 6:30pm.
How to Book a Sani Pass Day Tour
- Give us call on our office number: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Call us on our office mobile: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use the convenient contact form below to get in touch