1 Day Tour – R1950 per person
On the 22nd January 1879, two of South Africa’s biggest forces, the British commanded by the Lord Chelmsford and the Zulu’s under Cetshwayo, clashed in the first real battle of the Anglo/Zulu war. The clash had been hovering on the verge on happening for a number of years and sound of British musket and the Zulu war cry of “uSuthu” was about to echo through the mists of time!
Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift will stand forever as examples for heroism and determination both by the British people as well as the Zulu people.
Anglo-Zulu Battlefields Tours Highlights
- Experience walking on the battlefields of Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana.
- Your own private battlefields guide to accompany you throughout the day.
- A visit to the museum at Rorkes Drift to get a first hand viewing of the conditions of the fateful day!
- Transfer to and from the battlefields.
- Battlefields guide throughout the day.
- Walk both battlefield sites.
- Entry to all sites.
- Picnic lunch included.
What is Excluded?
- Curios and tips are for your account.
- Beverages for your account.
- We collect you at 6am from your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding area.
- It’s a 4 hour drive to the battlefields area. On the way your guide will chat to you about the history of the conflict and of course point out sites of interest along the way.
- We’ll spend 4 hours on the battlefields.
- Lunch will be at Rorkes Drift (a picnic lunch).
- we’ll return to Durban at approximately 6pm.
How to Book a Rorkes Drift Tour
- Call our office line on: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Call our mobile on: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use the convenient contact form below.