Valley of 1000 Hills Day Tour
Enjoy 2 experiences in 1 day! We visit Tala Game Reserve in the morning, enjoying fantastic animals sightings including Hippo and Rhino. We follow this up with a Zulu cultural experience at PheZulu Park for a traditional Zulu dance followed by a tour of a crocodile and reptile park.
Explore the rich Zulu culture on the Valley of 1000 Hills Tour. Located just 45 minutes outside of Durban is Tala Game Reserve and PheZulu Safari Park, both of which are exciting places to visit. Tala is a wildlife sanctuary with well over 380 species of bird-life as well Rhino, Kudu, Hippo, Giraffe and Blesbok in it’s 3000 hectares.
The PheZulu Safari park has over the years come to be the best place in the Highway area to get a taste of Zulu culture and custom with a small traditional village set up for visitors to explore. A unique show is also presented that gives visitors a little insight into traditional Zulu tradition.
- Valley of 1000 Hills Day Tour
- Your guide will collect you from your accommodation at 8am and then head straight to Tala Game Reserve. Tala Game Reserve is about 60 min west of Durban. On the way your guide will chat to you about the history of Durban, the Zulu people and, point our sites of interest along the way. We'll spend about 3 hours at Tala Game Reserve viewing the different species of animals. There's also a large number of bird species to be found as well as interesting flora and fauna. After leaving Tala game reserve we'll travel to our lunch destination in the Valley of 1000 Hills. Here visitors can try a range of local foods including the ever popular "bunny chow". After lunch we'll visit a crocodile and reptile park where you will learn more about some of the local inhabitants in our suburbs and cities! Next up we head to PheZulu Safari Park where you'll be treated to a Zulu dance show followed by a tour of a model Zulu village. Finally we'll depart back for Durban.
- Collection and drop off at accommodation.
- Entry to Tala Game Reserve.
- Entry to PheZulu Safari Park.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Zulu dance show and model villgae tour.
- Lunch is for clients account.
From our TripAdvisor review pages…
We had a wonderful day visiting these two places with Shelldon. We were a family of three adults. He collected us from our cruise ship, Boudicca, and returned us at the time specified. Touring the game reserve was great as Shelldon was an expert and knew all about the animals and birds and also where to find them.