Sani Pass Day Tour
Durban is perfectly situated for visitors to enjoy the Drakensberg Mountains and Lesotho. We travel from Durban to the town of Underberg. Here visitors transfer into 4x4 vehicles for the trip to the top of 'Berg. Visitors can then enjoy a pub lunch and visit to a Basotho village.
The Sani Pass is the only road (pass) linking KwaZulu-Natal to the mountain kingdom of Lesotho and requires a 4×4 motor vehicle to get to the top of the pass. A one-time mule trail for traders, the road has become well known in South Africa for it’s scenery and the fact that you need a 4×4 vehicle to travel to the top.
The Sani Pass Tour has you loaded into 4 x 4 vehicles and driven to the top of the pass where your driver and guide will entertain you with stories from the past. Once in Lesotho, guests will get a short tour around a Lesotho Village and meet some Basutho people.
Lunch is at the famed Sani Top Chalet, the highest pub in Africa!
- Sani Pass Day Tour
- We collect clients from their accommodation in the Durban or surrounding areas at 6am and drive west to the famed Drakensberg Mountains. The drive is about 2,5 hours. On arrival visitors will transfer into a specialised 4x4 vehicle and be taken up the Sani Pass into Lesotho (passports are required). Once at the top of the pass, visitors will have an opportunity to enjoy a tour of a local Basotho village followed by lunch at the highest pub in Africa! After lunch visitors will return to to the base of Sani Pass and then return to Durban.
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation.
- Visa fees.
- 4x4 Transfer up Sani Pass to Lesotho.
- Complimentary bottled water (330ml).
- Lunch is for clients account.
Booking the Sani Pass Tour
It’s easy to book our Sani Pass Day Tour, simply fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you with all the details.