Rorkes Drift 3 Day Tour Package
The Anglo Zulu War was a major turning point in the history of South Africa, altering South African history. For many it was the Battle of Rorkes Drift that became well known to enthusiasts world wide. Join us on this 3 day Battlefield Tours as we explore Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana on this tour.
On this amazing 3 day Rorkes Drift Tour Package, you’ll get to walk in the very footsteps that the men of the Anglo Zulu War of 1879 trod. We’ll visit and explore Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana. You’ll get to learn more about the figures behind this conflict; Lord Chelmsford, Col. Durnford, King Shaka kaSenzangakhona, King Cetshwayo kaMpanda and so many more.
Your battlefields tour guide will take you on a trip back in time, not only chatting to you about the conflict and battles, but will also tell you more about the very people involved, the Zulu people, their culture and custom and of course explore with you the human experiences of the men in this terrible conflict.
You’ll get to enjoy your stay at the Rorkes Drift hotel overlooking the very site that Lt Chard manned his punt, as portrayed by Michael Caine in the film “Zulu” and you’ll also get to visit the “Valley of the Kings” where many of the Zulu kings now rest.
- Day 1
- We leave Durban and head north towards our first destination, the town of KwaDukuza where King Shaka kaSenzangakhona of the Zulu people established his mighty Zulu military kraal. Here we'll learn more about the Zulu people, the traditions and culture and of course their military genius. From here we'll continue north, stopping at the site of forts and battlefields such as Gingindlovu and Nyezane. We'll enjoy a picnic lunch at a picnic site on the way before finally arriving at Mgeni Falls where we'll chat about the events that led up to the Anglo Zulu War. Finally we'll check into our hotel accommodation at Rorkes Drift Hotel where you'll have an opportunity to relax and then enjoy a wonderful dinner.
- Day 2
- On day 2 we start with breakfast and then head out to the Battlefield of Isandlwana and learn about the events here that led to the Battle of Rorkes Drift. after we've spent a little time walking the battlefield we'll depart and then head to Fugitives Drift where British soldiers who escaped the massacre at Isandlwana desperately crossed through raging river into the comparative safety of Natal. Next up we head to Rorkes Drift where we'll enjoy a quick lunch at the picnic site before commencing our tour of Rorkes Drift. Finally it's time to return to our hotel, relax and enjoy a shandy as you watch the sun set behind the Biggarsberg mountains.
- Day 3
- After breakfast we check out of the hotel, say our goodbyes to the wonderful staff and we start on our way to the town of Ulundi. It was here that the Zulu King, Cetsway kaMpanda established his royal kraal and it was hear that the British were ultimately victorious over the Zulu's at the Battle of Ulundi. Finally we start on our return to Durban, stopping along the way at the George hotel or Fort Eshowe for a spot of lunch.
- Accommodation at the Rorkes Drift Hotel.
- Dinner, bed and breakfast.
- 3 x picnic lunches.
- Entry to all sites.
- Battlefields tour guide.
- Transfers to and from Durban.
- Complimentary water (1 x 500ml pppd)
- Tips and curios.
- Liquor and beverages.
Rorkes Drift Tour Gallery