Open Vehicle Safari Tour with a BraaiBook Now!
The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s best spots to visit. The park is Africa’s oldest proclaimed game reserve and at 960km2, is home to Africa’s famed Big 5! We travel to this park on a weekly basis and love showing visitors just how wonderful the African veld is. On this tour, we want you to experience not only the animals, the plants, birds and insects, we also want you to experience a favorite South African past time, a braai (barbecue)!
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of four (4) persons is required for this tour.
- Big 5, Open Vehicle Safari Tour with Braai
- We'll collect you at 6am from your accommodation in the Durban and surrounding area. It's a 3 hour drive to the northern gate of the Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve, but you guide will chat to you about the history of Durban and the Zulu people as well as point out sites of interest along the way. On arrival you'll transfer into the open vehicles at the gate and then enter into the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve. You'll get to spend 6 hours with your own private safari guide and vehicle. During the course of the day you'll break for lunch at one of the picnic sites inside the park and your safari guide will prepare a traditional South African "braai" (barbecue) for you to enjoy. Finally you'll depart the park at around 3:30pm and we'll head back to Durban, arriving at around 6:30pm.
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding areas.
- Entry and conservation fees included.
- 6 Hour game drive in an open safari vehicle.
- Your own private safari guide.
- A traditional South African "braai" (barbecue) in the game reserve.
- Tips, curios and items of a personal nature.
- Alcoholic beverages.