Isithumba Zulu Cultural Day Tour
iSithumba is situated in the heart of the Valley of 1000 Hills where life moves at the pace of the prized Nguni cattle and surrounding hills echo with friendly greetings. On our iSithumba tour visitors will have an opportunity to meet with the local people, including the Sangoma and perhaps even the Zulu chief himself. Book your spot on our full day tour.Book Your Spot Today!
Situated some 45min outside of the vibrant city of Durban is a place of peace and tranquility, the village of Isithumba. This is not a “show” village, this is a real working village, with people going about their daily lives; only we’ve been invited to experience a little piece of their lives.
The tour is a walking tour, lasting about 90 min (medium activity). We’ll get to meet the actual Chief/Headman of the village, as well as the Sangoma (traditional healer). We’ll also get to walk down the river, a place of huge importance to the Zulu people, where young boys traditionally met their wives to be.
After the village of Isithumba, we’ll head back into the nearby town of Botha’s Hill to a local restaurant for a hearty lunch, followed by a visit to the PheZulu for a wonderful display of Zulu dancing!
- Isithumba Zulu Village Cultural Tour
- We collect guests from their accommodation in the Durban or surrounding area. Our first stop is the Zulu village of Isithumba. It's a 45min drive to the village but your guide will help time to pass but telling you about the history of the Zulu people. Once at Isithumba we are met by a local guide who lives in the village. Our guide will show visitors around the village and guests will have an opportunity to interact with the local Zulu people. From Isithumba we travel to a well known eatery for a some lunch and then leave for PheZulu. At PheZulu Safari Park we enjoy a Zulu dance depicting the traditional courtship of the Zulu people. We finish off the day with a tour of the nearby crocodile and reptile park before returning to Durban.
- Pick up and drop off from Durban or surrounding areas.
- Entry to iSithumba and tour of village.
- Entry to PheZulu for Zulu dance.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Lunch is for clients account.
Booking A Tour
To book this iSithumba tour, or if you’re looking for more information, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you with the relevant details.