Durban City Full Day Tour
The city of Durban is situated on the east coast of South Africa with a rich and significant history. Visitors on this Durban city day tour will love the bustling markets, the colonial architecture and the friendly and welcoming people as we visit sites throughout the city.
Visitors on our Durban City Day Tour will get to visit the vibrant “muthi market”, as well as the Early Morning Market, Station Market and the Victoria Market. We also ride the funicular to the top of the Moses Mabhida Stadium arches for unequaled views of Durban!
Visitors will get to learn more about the history of Durban, from the early beginnings up to today, as well as learn about it’s amazing and wonderful inhabitants, from the English, to the Indian and Zulu peoples.
Our guests will also have an opportunity to visit a local restaurant that serves both the iconic “bunny chow” as well as good old fashioned curry.
Exploring Durban with our professional guides is the best way to soak up all Durban has to offer so book today!
- Durban City Day Tour
- We collect you from your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding areas and start by visiting the Golden Mile and learning about the early history of Durban. Up next is a stop at the most important markets in Durban, the Muthi Market, Early Morning Market and Station Markets where you'll also get an opportunity to enjoy a bit of shopping at the Victoria Market. Up next we visit the historic city center and learn more about Durban's early years including the Apartheid era. The Moses Mabhida Stadium is up next where visitors get to enjoy a ride in the funicular car to the top of the stadium arches (if running) followed by a spot of lunch at one of Durban's popular eateries where visitors can sample Durban's own "Bunny Chow". Finally we visit the Botanical Gardens before returning visitors to their accommodation.
- Entry to funicular stadium car.
- Pick up and drop off from Durban or surrounding areas.
- Taste tester of the iconic "bunny chow".
- Complimentary bottled water.
Shelldon was terrific. Informative as well as adaptable to our interests and time constraints. Highly recommend Shelldon for a guide through Durban for anyone looking for a top quality private tour.
We had a wonderful day visiting these two places with Shelldon. We were a family of three adults. He collected us from our cruise ship, Boudicca, and returned us at the time specified. Touring the game reserve was great as Shelldon was an expert…
Arranged three tours with Country and Coastal Touring ahead of our visit to Kloof, Durban. We could not have been happier and more secure with our tour guide, Charles and the itinerary he arranged for us. Durban City, the PheZulu Safari Park, Tala, beautiful Valley…