Durban Big 5 Safari Day Tour
The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is the largest reserve in KwaZulu-Natal and the oldest proclaimed game reserve in South Africa. This reserve is home to the Big 5 as well as abundant antelope and bird species. Join us on a full day safari tour to this historic and fantastic wildlife reserve.
The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is not only one of Africa’s oldest proclaimed game reserves, but it was also instrumental in breeding the Rhino back from the edge of extinction and have now even turned their attention to one of Africa’s most endangered species, the African Wild Dog.
Just 2,5 hours from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal’s largest Big 5 game reserve is considered to be one of the finest in South Africa. This game reserve is also malaria free, making it a perfect reserve to explore. Visitors on a big 5 safari have the chance of spotting Lion, Rhino, Elephant and many more animals!
For the birders, the Hluhluwe River Flood Plain is one of the only areas in the whole of South Africa where Yellow Throated, Pink Throated and Orange Throated Long Claw species can be seen together on this Hluhluwe Imfolozi Safari Tour. At over 600 species of birds, the Big 5 Safari Day Tour is perfect to view our feathered friends.
- Durban Big 5 Safari Day Tour
- It's an early start as we collect you from your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding areas at 6:00am. It's a 2,5 hour drive to the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve but we'll help pass the time and chat to you about the history of the Durban, the Zulu people and point out interesting sites along the way. Once in the park we'll spend the day looking at the different animals and birds we encounter. We'll also point out the interesting fauna and flora that is found int he African veld and in some cases even used as medicine. We will stop for lunch in the park, either lunch at the Hilltop or Centenary restaurant, or perhaps even a traditional South African "braai" (barbecue). Finally it'll be time to leave the park and return to Durban.
- Pick up and drop off in the Durban or surrounding areas.
- Conservation fees into the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- Complimentary bottled water included (330ml).
- Please note that lunch is for clients account.
Booking the Big 5 Safari Day Tour
To book this tour, or for more information on this tour, simply use the contact form below and let us know how many people in your group and on what days you would like to book your tour and we’ll get back to you.