Durban Big 5 Safari Day Tour
The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is not only the largest reserve in KwaZulu-Natal, but is also the oldest proclaimed game reserve in South Africa. The game reserve is home to the Big 5, has abundant antelope and bird species and is all within an easy 2,5 hour drive from the city of Durban. Join us on a full day safari tour to this historic and fantastic wildlife preserve.Book your Big 5 Safari Tour Today!
The Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is not only one of Africa’s oldest proclaimed game reserves, but it was also instrumental in breeding the Rhino back from the edge of extinction and have now even turned their attention to one of Africa’s most endangered species, the African Wild Dog.
Just 2,5 hours from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal’s largest Big 5 game reserve is considered to be one of the finest in South Africa. This game reserve is also malaria free, making it a perfect reserve to explore. Visitors on a big 5 safari have the chance of spotting Lion, Rhino, Elephant and many more animals!
For the birders, the Hluhluwe River Flood Plain is one of the only areas in the whole of South Africa where Yellow Throated, Pink Throated and Orange Throated Long Claw species can be seen together on this Hluhluwe Imfolozi Safari Tour. At over 600 species of birds, the Big 5 Safari Day Tour is perfect to view our feathered friends.
- Durban Big 5 Safari Day Tour
- It's an early start as we collect clients from their accommodation in the Durban or surrounding areas at 6:30am. The drive to the famed Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is 2,5 hours, your guide will chat to you about the history of the park as well as point out interesting sites along the way. Once in the park we'll explore the park looking for animals and during the course of the day take a lunch break.
- Pick up and drop off in the Durban or surrounding areas.
- Conservation fees into the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- Complimentary bottled water included (330ml).
- Please note that lunch is for clients account.
Booking the Big 5 Safari Day Tour
To book this tour, or for more information on this tour, simply use the contact form below and we’ll get back to you.