Budget Overnight Hlulhuwe Imfolozi Safari Tour
The Hluhluwe Imoflozi Game Reserve is a fantastic destination for those wanting to enjoy a safari tour from Durban. On this wallet-friendly tour you'll stay at Hilltop camp and enjoy a traditional South Africa braai. We visit St Lucia for the estuary cruise as well as have the opportunity to tour a cheetah sanctuary.
After being collected by your specialized wildlife guide you’ll start on the 2,5 hour journey north of Durban into Zululand. On the way your guide will chat to you about the history of Durban as well the traditions and customs of the Zulu people. Your guide will also answer any questions you may have.
The first stop is Emdoneni Cheetah Project (optional). Here you’ll get the opportunity to enjoy a 2 hour tour of the facilities and learn more about Cheetah as well as the other cats at the project, the Caracal, the Serval and the African Wild Cat.
Our next stop is Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve. We’ll be staying the reserve (unless otherwise arranged) in the oldest camp, Hilltop Camp. Here visitors will be sleeping in “rondavels” with shared ablutions. Your guide will also treat you to a traditional South African “braai” (barbecue).
You will get to enjoy game drives in our air-conditioned closed vehicles or alternatively you can book an open vehicle game drive with Hilltop Camp.
On the last day we’ll stop at St Lucia estuary for 2 hour cruise. On this cruise you can expect to see a number of hippo as well as crocodile. There are also other animals that may be spotted such as elephant, buffalo and waterbuck. St Lucia is also a birding hotspot with other 600 different species being recorded.
- Day 1
- We collect you from your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding area at 7am and make our way northwards. Our first stop will be to the Emdoneni Cheeath project where you'll have an opportunity to enjoy a tour of the facility. After what we depart for the Hluhluwe Imoflozi Game Reserve. On entering you'll enjoy a game drive in our vehicle before check-in and lunch. After lunch there's a late afternoon game drive to look forward to followed by a traditional South African "braai".
- Day 2
- We start off day 2 with an early morning game drive at 6am followed by breakfast at about 9am. After checkout we'll take you though to St Lucia for the afternoon 2 hour cruise on the St Lucia estuary. Finally, after a light lunch in St Lucia, we'll make our way back to Durban.
- Transfers to and from Durban.
- The company of a qualified wildlife guide throughout the tour.
- Conservation fees included.
- A traditional "braai" dinner is included.
- Breakfast is included.
- St Lucia estuary cruise included.
- Tips and curios.
- Emdoneni Cheeath Project tour (optional extra)
- Open vehicle game drives (optional)