3 Day Safari Tour to Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve
Our 3 day safari tour to the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is one of the most popular tours we offer from Durban. Join us for this amazing safari tour where you will enjoy a St Lucia estuary cruise as well as visits to nearby animals experiences, accommodation in the park as well as dinner and breakfast included.
Visitors to South Africa will love our 2 night / 3 day tour to the Africa’s oldest proclaimed game park, the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
Established in 1895, this park is the largest Big 5 reserve in KwaZulu-Natal and being located just 2,5 hours north of Durban, it’s also one of the easiest parks to get to.
We’ll collect you from your accommodation in our air-conditioned large vehicle and transport you on a guided tour to and back from the park, as well as in the park. Along the way your qualified guide will chat to you about the history of the park and it’s people as will as point out the amazing wildlife in the park.
We’ll stay at one of two camps in the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve, either Hilltop Camp situated in the northern section of the park, or Mpila Camp situated in the southern end of the park.
We also offer some extra’s to make your stay even more memorable! On route to the park we’ll stop at the Emdoneni Cheetah Project (optional) for a tour of this amazing facility where visitors will have an opportunity to get up close and personal with the 4 species of cat at the the project; Cheetah, African Wild Cat, Caracal and Serval.
We will also book you on a 2 hour cruise of the St Lucia estuary. This estuary is situated in the southern section of the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park, a UNESCO Heritage Site known world wide. Here’s visitors will be able to enjoy unique cruise of the estuary viewing hippo and crocodile and an abundance of birdlife.
- Day 1
- We collect you from your accommodation in Durban or surrounding areas and start on the 2,5 hour journey to our first stop, Emdoneni. Visitors will get a unique tour of the facility, getting close up to caracal, cerval, african wild cat and cheetah. After the tour of Emdoneni we travel onto the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve, arriving at about 12pm. On entering the park we'll spend a hour enjoying our first game drive on the way to our accommmoation and check in. Next up is a spot of lunch before an afternoon game drive. Guests will have a choice of either coming out in the closed vehicle or alternatively enjoying a game drive in an open vehicle (optional extra). Finally it's time for dinner.
- Day 2
- We start off with a early morning game drive before returning for breakfast. After breakfast guests can once again enjoy a game drive until lunch time. Returning for lunch, guests can now rest up until a late afternoon game drive. For those wanting to stretch their legs, there's an lovely walking trail nearby. After a few hours enjoying a late afternoon game drive we return to camp for dinner. If the weather co-operates, after dinner guests can enjoy a short tour of the night skies.
- Day 3
- Our final day starts with breakfast and check out. We'll spend the morning viewing game before leaving the park for the cruise on the St Lucia estauary. We leave the park and drive about 60 min to St Lucia where guests will depart on the cruise. After the cruise we have a lunch in St Lucia and after that, we travel back to Durban
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation within the Durban or surrounding areas.
- 2 Nights accommodation.
- Dinner (x2) and breakfast (x2).
- Conservation fees into the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- Ticket for 2 hour St Lucia estuary cruise.
- Guided tour around the park in air-conditioned vehicle.
- Lunch is for clients account.
- Curios and items of a personal nature.
- Endoneni Cheetah Project Tour (optional)
- Open vehicle game drives (optional)
Booking a 3 day Safari Tour to the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve
To book this tour, or to get more information about this tour or any of the other tours we offer, simply use the contact form below to get in touch