1 Day Tour – R1650 per person
Situated some 45min outside of the vibrant city of Durban is a place of peace and tranquility, the village of Isithumba. This is not a “show” village, this is a real working village, with people going about their daily lives; only we’ve been invited to experience a little piece of their lives. You’ll get to meet the actual Chief/Headman of the village, as well as the Sangoma (traditional healer). You’ll also get to walk down the river, a place of huge importance to the Zulu people, where young boys traditionally met their wives to be. After the village of Isithumba, you’ll head back into the nearby town of Botha’s Hill to a local restaurant for a hearty lunch, followed by a visit to the PheZulu for a wonderful display of Zulu dancing!
Isithumba Day Tour Highlights
- Visit to the rural village of Isithumba, where we’ll meet both the Headman/Chief of the village as well a the Sangoma (traditional Healer).
- A visit to PheZulu Safari Park for a traditional Zulu song and dance.
- Enjoy the Reptile park at PheZulu Safari Park, home to the Nile Crocodile and other reptiles.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with the friendliest people you could hope to meet!
“This was a great tour. Shelldon was responsive to my e-mail and was waiting for us at the appointed time. His commentary as we left the city was interesting and his knowledge was extensive. We particularly enjoyed the Zulu village visit with Jeremy as our guide and would rate our experience as 5 star.” – Christina
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in the Durban area.
- A private guide throughout the day.
- Entry fees to all sites.
- A light lunch at a local restaurant.
- Not included is drinks (alcohol) and gratuities.
How to Book an iSithumba Zulu Village Day Tour
- Call our office line: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Call our mobile line: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use our convenient contact form below