Full Day Tour – R1250 per person
The history of Durban is both fascinating and relevant to South Africa today. The township system as we know it was pioneered by Theopholis Shepstone and can be still seen around major cities throughout South Africa including Durban. Join us on this unique tour where we’ll visit one of the largest in Durban, the township of KwaMashu. On this tour we’ll visit New Bridge City, the Phoenix Settlement created by Mahatma Gandhi, as well as the Ohlanga Institute, home to John Dube, founding member of the ANC.
Highlights of this Tour
- We’ll collect you at 9am and drop you off.
- Visit a township
- Explore the history of Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian People in South Africa.
- Visit the Ohlanga Institute and learn about John Dube.
- Enjoy a “bunny chow” taste tester.
“Although our time in Durban was quite brief, we (4 adults) enjoyed a very interesting tour with Shelldon. He patiently waited as our ship was late arriving to the port but as soon as we disembarked, he whisked us off on a great tour. Sheldon is very knowledgeable about the history of the city and is passionate about the Zulu culture (he even took us to the Zulu market!). His 10 passenger van is very comfortable with plenty roomful luggage. Highly recommended guide!” – Deborah
- Transport and a registered, qualified guide.
- All entry fees to site.
- Light lunch.
- Curios and tips.
- Alcohol beverages.
How to Book a Township and Heritage Tour
- Call us on our office number: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Contact us on the office mobile: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use the convenient contact form below