2 Day Tour – R5500.00 per person
The Big-5 Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is not only Africa’s oldest proclaimed game reserves, but is also one of the best. On this amazing overnight (2 day) wildlife safari tour, you’ll get to enjoy some of the best sights and sounds of the African bush. Experience an open vehicle game drive spotting Elephant, Lion, Rhino and more, and enjoy cruising an estuary on the lookout for Hippo and Crocodile. We also offer an opportunity to get up close with Elephant or Cheetah with a once in a lifetime interaction. This amazing experience includes all accommodation at Hilltop Camp in the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve and meals.
Why Book This Tour
- An opportunity to spot Africa’s iconic animals in the oldest game reserve in Africa.
- You’ll get to enjoy an amazing experience watching Hippo and Crocodile on an estuary cruise.
- Stay in Hilltop Camp in the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- Enjoy either an Elephant or a Cheetah interaction (optional).
- Be accompanied throughout with your own private wildlife guide!
“My three women friends and I recently went on a fabulous three day trip from Durban to the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Nature Reserve, including a visit to a cat rehabilitation centre, a night tour of the park and a river cruise where we got up close and personal with hippos and crocodiles. Shelldon was our guide and we appreciated his friendly manner and the fact that he could put up with our continual questions and requests. We saw a huge range of animals and the tour vastly exceeded our expectations. I would strongly recommend the tour. Shelldon’s knowledge of animals and his capacity to find them in the bush was phenomenal. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he was very generous with his time and we were extremely well looked after.” – Susan M
- Accommodation in chalets in the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- Dinner, lunch and breakfast.
- 2 Hour cruise on the St Lucia estuary.
- Your own private wildlife guide.
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Durban.
- Game drives in a closed vehicle.
- Elephant Experience – you’ll go to Bayete Zulu and have an opportunity to learn more about these amazing creatures on this hour long experience. You will get to touch and feed the resident Elephant on these once in a lifetime experience. Cost is R600 per person.
- Cheetah Experience – you’ll get to enjoy a 90 minute tour of Emdoneni, a cat project situated in Zululand. You’ll get to enter the enclosures of the Cheetah, Caracal, Serval and African Wild Cat. This is a great opportunity at only R300 per person.
- 3 Hour Sunset open vehicle safari tour in the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve from 5pm – 8pm at a cost of R360 per person.
What’s not Included?
- Tips and curios for your account.
- Alcohol beverages.
- Optional extras.
- We’ll collect you from your accommodation in the Durban or surrounding area at 7am.
- We’ll make the journey north to our first destination, St Lucia where you’ll get to experience a fantastic 2 hour cruise on the St Luca estuary.
- Next up is lunch and then we head into the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve.
- You’ll get to enjoy a late afternoon game drive with your guide before checking in and enjoying dinner.
- The following day you’ll start with an early morning game drive followed by breakfast and then checkout.
- Up next is either the Elephant Experience or the Cheetah Experience.
- Optionally we can remain in the game reserve.
- After lunch we’ll make our way back to Durban.
How to Book?
- Call our office number: +27 (0) 31 762 3374
- Call our office mobile: +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Use the convenient contact form below