As the largest ethnic group in South Africa, the Zulu’s played a major role in shaping South Africa into the country it is today. The Zulu’s have a rich cultural background with ingrained traditions as relelvant today as they were hundred’s of years ago!
The cultural village of Shakaland was built as a film set for the blockbuster serial “Shaka Zulu” and has since been used as a cultural village to give visitors an insight into one of the most endearing people of Southern Africa.
Shakaland Cultural Tour Highlights
- Get an in depth look into the Zulu’s cultural heritage with an authentic Zulu village.
- Enjoy the grace and frenetic energy of the Zulu dancers and singers.
- Enjoy some time watching skilled atisans create assagay’s (spears), shields, potwork and Zulu hut building.
- Get introduced to Zulu beer making techniques and enjoy a beer tasting.
- Visit with a Sangoma (Zulu shaman/witch-doctor and healer) and gain an insight into the Zulu spiritual world!
Cost: R1950.00 per person(based on 2 x pax)
- Group discounts on request.
- Includes lunch, guide, and all entry fees.
- Not included is gratuities and drinks.
- Singles accommodated on request.
- Drop off and collection in city center unless otherwise requested.
All tours are undertaken by qualified tour guides registered with the Department of Tourism in South Africa. All tours are designed with the safety and comfort of our guests in mind.
Country & Coastal Touring CC are based in the city of Durban, South Africa.
Physical Address: 38 Horseshoe Crescent, Waterfall, Durban 3610