Isithumba Day Tour
Situated some 45min outside of the vibrant city of Durban is a place of peace and tranquility, the village of Isithumba. This is not a “show” village, this is a real working village, with people going about their daily lives; only we’ve been invited to experience a little piece of their lives.
The tour is a walking tour, lasting about 90 min (light activity). We’ll get to meet the actual Chief/Headman of the village, as well as the Sangoma (traditional healer). We’ll also get to walk down the river, a place of huge importance to the Zulu people, where young boys traditionally met their wives to be.
After the village of Isithumba, we’ll head back into the nearby town of Botha’s Hill to a local restaurant for a hearty lunch, followed by a visit to the PheZulu for a wonderful display of Zulu dancing!
Finally (time permitting) we travel to the Hillcrest AIDS center and have a look at the wonderful work being done by this not-for-profit organisation as they look to enrich the lives of those previsouly disadvantaged.
Isithumba Day Tour Highlights
- Visit to the rural village of Isithumba, where we’ll meet both the Headman/Chief of the village as well a the Sangoma (traditional Healer).
- A visit to PheZulu Safari Park for a traditional Zulu song and Dance.
- Enjoy the Reptile park at PheZulu Safari Park, home to the Nile Crocodile and other reptiles.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with the friendliest people you could hope to meet!
- A visit to the Hillcrest AIDS center (time dependent) for an insight to this successful not-for-profit organisation.
Cost: R1650.00 per person
(based on 2 x pax sharing)
Group discounts available.
- Singles accommodated on request.
- Please contact us for group discounts.
- Price includes both guides (where available) and transport.
- Lunch is included.
- Not included is drinks (alcohol) and gratuities.
- Unless otherwise arranged, collection and drop-off in Durban.
All tours are undertaken by qualified tour guides registered with the Department of Tourism in South Africa. All tours are designed with the safety and comfort of our guests in mind.
Country & Coastal Touring CC are based in the city of Durban, South Africa.
Physical Address: 38 Horseshoe Crescent, Waterfall, Durban 3610