Inanda Freedom Trail
No visit to Durban is complete without a visit along the Inanda Freedom Trail Durban, which takes guests on a journey through the history of South African’s who helped to shape the South Africa we know today. There’s more to Durban than meets the eye, and the Inanda Freedom Trail is the best way to explore!
Inanda Freedom Trail Highlights
- We visit the Ohlange Institute established by Rev. John Dube, the first president of the ANC (African National Congress).
- We also visit the site where Nelson Mandela cast the first vote in South Africa’s first democratic election.
- Next on the list is the Inanda Seminary, one of the oldest African private schools for girls in Africa.
- A real experience of this tour is the visit to Phoenix settlement created by Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi’s home has been fully restored and is now a historical monument.
- We’ll also visit Mzinyathi Falls (time permitting) and enjoy lunch at Sbu’s Tavern.
Cost: R1250.00 per person(based on 2 x pax)
- For group discounts, please contact us.
- Includes lunch, guides and transport.
- Not included is gratuities and drinks.
- Singles accommodated on request.
- Drop off and collection in city center unless otherwise requested.
All tours are undertaken by qualified tour guides registered with the Department of Tourism in South Africa. All tours are designed with the safety and comfort of our guests in mind.
Country & Coastal Touring CC are based in the city of Durban, South Africa.
Physical Address: 38 Horseshoe Crescent, Waterfall, Durban 3610