On the 22nd January 1879, two of South Africa’s biggest forces, the British commandered by the Lord Chelmsford and the Zulu’s under Cetshwayo, clashed in the first real battle of the Anglo/Zulu war. The clash had been hovering on the verge on happening for a number of years and sound of British musket and the Zulu war cry of “uSuthu” was about to echo through the mists of time!
Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift will stand forever as examples for heroism and determination both by the British people as well as the Zulu people.
Anglo-Zulu Battlefields Tours Highlights
- A visit to both Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift.
- A guided tour by a site-guide in order to better appreciate the happenings of the day.
- A visit to the museum at Rorkes Drift to get a first hand viewing of the conditions of the fateful day!
- A visit to Fugitives Drift (time dependent).
- Lunch at Isandlwana Lodge.
Cost: R1950.00 per person
(based on 2 x pax)
- Group discounts available on request.
- Includes lunch, guides and transport.
- Not included is gratuities and drinks.
- Singles accommodated on request.
- Drop off and collection in city center unless otherwise requested.
All tours are undertaken by qualified tour guides registered with the Department of Tourism in South Africa. All tours are designed with the safety and comfort of our guests in mind.
Country & Coastal Touring CC are based in the city of Durban, South Africa.
Physical Address: 38 Horseshoe Crescent, Waterfall, Durban 3610